Loftsails Raceboardblade 9,5 LW 2018
The Raceboard Blade 9.5 LW (Light Wind) is a specialized 5-batten, 3 cam design optimized for the best possible light to medium wind performance.
The Loftsails Raceboard Blade (9.5 & 8.5) has a history in raceboard World Championships, winning the World Championships twice under the the guide of Fernando Martinez and Alex Buchau. This specialist discipline involves providing power and lift for course-racing hulls (longboards with centerboards) with specific designs for upwind drive and extreme pointing in displacement mode from ultra-light wind to moderate breeze conditions – and full-planing downwind legs. Loftsails’ Raceboard Blade is a full bodied, low-end power source with superb, streamlined, and efficient trim reactivity for the top end of the wind range-of-use.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Internal vertical and horizontal Kevlar strip applications at cams – Maintain stability and define shape profiles
- Centered battens in X-Ply sleeves. (Alternate pocket sides) – Using similar material for the batten pocket as the body material minimizes asymmetric character of Dacron batten pocket construction that, due to Dacron stretch, allows the batten to stay on the sail side. Pockets made with laminate pockets force the batten to stay centered. This is important to keep the sail symmetrical. – If all batten pockets are Dacron, and mounted on the same side of the sail – the sail will be biased to one tack and rotate unevenly. Loftsails X-Ply batten pockets that alternate sides limit asymmetric character.
- Slick Tekcam2 rotation. (Tekcam2 Large for SDM also supplied) – Easy cam rotation makes your windsurfing experience more enjoyable.
- Metallic cam interfaces – MCIs eliminate contact point degradation characteristic of cam designs without MCIs
- 4-mm. Dimension Polyant monofilm body panels – proven superior performance
- Tubed battens with varying carbon content according to performance. The top 3 are specialized 100% carbon tubes – Carbon tubes deliver superior stiffness to maximize stability for your upper end
- Blade mast-pocket construction – Equalized loading between the mast panel (interior) and the pocket (exterior) – The result is tensioned, firm mast pockets, exceptional durability, rotation ease
- Raceboardblade mast-pocket construction features mast panel and 2-mm. Triax mast-pocket sides (3 layers) that are tensioned directly (all 3 layers under tack pulley webbings) – Therefore downhaul tension is equalized between the mast panel and the mast pocket, resulting in the Raceboardblade’s firm, clean, easy-rotating leading edge