Surfbent Windsurf Board Protector
The Surfbent Windsurf Board Protector is a new accessory for windsurfing, deflecting your rig away from the nose. In an uncontrolled fall, the rig will hit the protector first. In this contact, the resulting energy is degraded by the deformation of the Surfbent, which is made with elastomer material. This will better protect the entire board.
The Surfbent windsurf nose protector is also ideal for windfoil beginners as the most common mistake when learning how to windfoil is to “over-foil”: The foil gets too high and breaks the water’s surface, following an immediate loss of control as the nose of the board dives into the water. It often results in a catapult with physical consequences, breaking the nose of your board.
The Surfbent looks like a piece of plastic but is actually made of an “elastomer” material, which is a polymer with viscoelasticity. Such materials can be deformed when a load is applied, and then comes back to its original form. So, when you fall forward, the rig hits the Surfbent protector first, and the resulting energy is dissipated by the deformation of the Surfbent. Your nose is safe, and the contact and shock between the mast and the Surfbent are absorbed by the material, preserving your mast and mast track from breaking as well.
An optimized, geometric design and computer simulation of the design structure saved material, reduced weight and at the same time achieved the required strength and function.
– The round and low shape takes very little place on the deck, and doesn’t hamper manoeuvers, when either tacking or freestyling.
– Its weight (340g) is not an issue either as it’s very light and placed at the center of gravity of the board (under the mast).
– At the mast foot, the friction disc is replaced by the protector and mounted as usual, and the complete trim area of the mast rail can be used.
– The water start is facilitated by the shape of the protector and the resulting lift-up effect (lifting the sail towards the start position). The handling in the water is hardly affected by the slim shape.
– The Surfbent has a neat and slim design, and comes in different colours to match your own equipment, which makes it discrete on your board.
– 2-pins mastfoot can be used with the 2020 version.